Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Wow...

So much has happened!! After my near complete emotional breakdown (I had to have one eventually), I put my head back on right, and got to work making some things happen.  I approached my Uncle to see if he could use some help at his business.  Of course, he agreed.  I have been there full time, while I was applying left and right for jobs that I thought I would enjoy/excel doing. I applied at a salon/spa, which I would have really enjoyed working at, but it was a long commute, so it was kind of low on the list.  I found a Human Resources Assistant at HNI (Hon) position.  It was basically what I was doing at TMH.  It is a good company to work for, but I haven't heard from them so I'm not holding my breath.

I also went WAY out of my comfort zone and applied for a position that I have NO experience of knowledge, but I thought, "What the hell?'  Its a Dental Assistant Trainee.  On the job training to work towards you Dental Assistant Certificate.  Well...I got it.  Me, with no experience whatsoever, beat out ACTUAL certified dental assistants because the Hiring Office Manager liked me so much.

Unfortunately, because it is a doctor's office, I had to change my hair.  :(  I am a little bummed about that, but really, in the big scheme of things, its a small sacrifice.

I feel really good about this new chapter.  I officially start on Thursday, but I went in today and met everyone, got the tour, filled out paperwork, that kind of stuff.

 I have a few things to wrap up with Unemployment before I can fully close the door on TMH.  I am SOOO ready to be done with that place.  Not that I'm mad, or disgruntled, just that I am doing some pretty awesome stuff, for ME, and I feel like there are these strings that are still tying me down.  I got a payment from UI that I shouldn't have, so I know I am going to have to give it back, which isn't a big deal.  I wasn't expecting it, and though I would love to keep it, we have made arrangements to cover our expenses already.  It comes down to waiting for the state to send me the paper requesting the money be repaid.  I called and asked if I could just do it now, but in true government fashion, I can't do that, I have to wait for them to officially realize their mistake and make an official request.  SO DUMB!!!  I just hate this feeling that I am still indentured to a company that I have no part of anymore.  I am still tied down, held back... I was feeling so...empowered.

I will NOT let this affect me.  I will not.  I can't.  I have been working SO hard to crawl out of this hole I have been in far SOOOO long.  I just feel like this one lasting chain is tugging me back in.  It is SO FRUSTRATING!

BUT I have an exciting, and slightly terrifying new en devour waiting for me to shake loose of this burden, and start doing something that is for ME.  Not because anyone TOLD me to do it, because I saw the opportunity.  I took the chance.  I followed my instinct.  I decided to change my path in order to change my life.

 I am working to improve my mental well being.  I have decided to renew my spiritual life.  I have decided to make lifestyle changes. I am doing all of these things. Me. For ME.  In my 35 years on this Earth, I have never really ever done anything that was solely for me.  Not because I was doing what I thought I SHOULD do.  Not because I was motivated by shame or guilt, but because I wanted to do those things.

I am not going to be deterred by this bump in the road.  I will not.

Until Next Time, Press On and Make Strides.




No comments:

Post a Comment